Scroll down to the section you need. We are still adding to this section. If the information here does not help you, please contact us if you have any questions that have not been answered.
Searching the ADs for specific "Keywords"
- You can search the AD databases using keywords of interest to you and go right to the ADs containing those keywords.
- First, go to the section you want to search. Then type the words you want searched into the search text box and click on the search button.
- If you're searching for a Quarter Horse in Searcy, Arkansas, you might want to enter "quarter horse arkansas ar" and use the "find any words in ADs option." You can narrow the search by selecting either "Exact words in AD" or "All words in AD."
- If you're searching for a hotel room in Fayetteville, Arkansas, you might want to enter "Fayetteville hotel" and use the "find any words in ADs option." You can narrow the search by selecting either "Exact words in AD" or "All words in AD."
- Keep in mind that the advertiser may have misspelled a word in their AD or used an abbreviation instead of the full word that you may have entered and this will affect your search.
How to post an AD in our system
- We make it easy for you to post your Arkansas Business Directory or Classifieds, right from your desktop. You get 125 words and a color photo, advertisement or logo with any AD posted. Your image must be an jpg or gif format. You can also use a banner AD for your image, or perhaps a great photo scanned from product literature. You may want to use the banner AD as an image if you are placing your AD to generate traffic to your web site where you offer many more items that what would be in a single AD.
- You can edit or change your photo image in your AD as often as you desire until your AD expires. The only thing you can't change in your AD is: The section that the AD has been posted to, and the Category you selected when you first posted your AD.
- To edit your AD or change the photo choose the "Edit My AD" option on the AD Manager page. You will need your AD number and the Password you selected when you posted your AD.
How to prepare your photo for your AD
- If you do not have a scanner we will scan the photo for you free and post it to your AD for you. First, place a new AD for your item. When you place your AD you will receive an AD number. Mail a copy of your photo with a copy of your Email invoice that includes your AD number, along with the payment for your AD, to the address on the invoice. When we recieve the photo with the AD we will scan it, size it, and place it in your AD within 24 hours of receiving your payment. We will only scan or prepare one free image per AD.
- If you have a scanner or digital camera: Use the photo editing software that came with your scanner or digital camera to save your image as a "jpg" or "gif" image type.
- Use the "Resample or resize image" feature in your software to resize the photo to: 250 pixels height by 250 pixels width.
- Prior to resizing your image, you may want to custom crop the image. Use the "Mask" feature in your image editing software to select only the part of the photo that highlights what you are selling in your AD. Then select "crop to mask." (What that means is: cut out everything in the photo that is not related to what you are selling. This creates a focal point for the item to be sold). Then, use the "resize image" feature in your image editing software to size the image no larger than 250 pixels width by 250 pixels height.
- Remember where you saved your image before you upload it! Tip: If you are using "Windows" on your PC, make a folder in the "My Documents"e; section titles "e;My Photos"e; and save your image in this file, and write down the name of the saved photo file.
- When you are ready to upload your photo to your AD go to "AD Manager." Select "Upload My Photo to my AD."
- Click on "Browse" file to upload.
- Select the image folder where your file is located on your hard drive. (Using the example above, this would be "My Documents" and "My Photos."
- Be sure to change the "File Type" in the menu to either "All file types" or "JPG" or "GIF" file type... or you won't see the file you want ot upload. (Normally, your browser software will only look for "HTML" files if you do not change the selection).
- Next, "click once" on the image you want to upload and then click "Open." You will then see the "image name and file location" appear in the upload selection box. Once you see this, click on the "Upload Photo" button. Wait a minute or two and your file will be uploaded to your AD.
- You may want to print out these instructions to follow while you upload your image.
- Remember, we're only one click away from helping you if you need help. Click here to request help.
We hope you enjoy your visit to our site and we welcome you to return often and tell your friends about us. If we can be of assistance to you please contact us.
Dallas Bowman, GoArkansas.com
Good luck with your AD!